This guest post was written by Walter Mennari, one of our Gents Place members and highlights a common issue that is not frequently discussed: hair loss – smart ways to restore it and keep it.
What causes hair loss?
Most people shed 50 to 100 hairs per day. This typically does not result in noticeable thinning of the scalp’s hair as new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss develops and is noticed when this balance of hair growth and shedding is slowed or when the hair follicles are damaged and replaced with scar tissue.
The true causes of hair loss vary in many ways and from person to person, but it is typically attributed to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history
- the members of the family tend to have significant hair loss after a certain age
- Hormonal changes
- thyroid/testosterone/estrogen imbalances
- Medical conditions
- Scalp infections
- Alopecia (a condition that causes hair loss)
- Drugs for cancer treatment or arthritis
- Drugs for depression
- Drugs for heart problems, high blood pressure, and birth control
- Overabundance of Vitamin A
What can be done?
Technology has come a long way in recent years. Hair restoration looks more natural than ever thanks to the NeoGraft method which is a revolutionary new hair restoration technique. This technique relocates hair follicles from a part of the head known as the ‘donor site’ to a bald or balding part of the head called the ‘recipient site’. NeoGraft hair restoration is popular among people because of the closeness in appearance to their natural hair. The last thing people want to deal with is obvious differences in their hair that cause further attention to be drawn to it.
Here are the top reasons why people choose the NeoGraft procedure to fight hair loss:
- It’s a minimally invasive procedure for hair restoration (no stitches or staples)
- There is little-to-no discomfort (no scalpel involved)
- The recovery time is quick (patients resume normal activity after only a few days)
- The hair line is natural-looking (no linear scar)
- It’s your own hair and it is permanent
While it is not necessary for The Gents Place franchisees to be experts on hair loss, it will be important for you to know the basics about skin, hair, and other health conditions that apply to segments of your customer base. From time to time we will feature articles of this sort to help educate you about these conditions. Knowing about the challenges these men face will not only empower you, but will make them feel taken care of: your taking the time to get to know challenges they have (and making sure your staff are aware and assist) will cement The Gents Place in their mind as a place men go to look and feel their best